Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Walk

On Monday my friend Kazie met me at the farm for lunch. She made an awesome salad and then we decided to go for a walk. A nice spring walk in the field sounded like a good idea. We loaded the two babies up in the stroller and off we went. It was beautiful and warm. The neighbors are doing some work in the field next to ours and so the trucks are in and out...with the wet lately there are ruts all over, so the road down was a bit bumpy...and it didn't get much better once we were down there. There is leftover stubble from the corn, big clumps of dirt from a few fields they have started to disk. Walking on it isn't a big deal but the poor babies trying to sleep got jostled from side to side...Jorja will make it through this life in tact...at least I hope! Not to mention that now that I have had all of these babies my feet have grown a ton, so the size 8.5 shoes I had on gave me a painful blister and we only walked for about 30 minutes. Thankfully Kazie came to the rescue with a bandaid that already had antibiotic ointment on it...those are pretty cool. So even thought the walk wasn't exactly the way I had it planned in my head it all turned out okay. We were able to enjoy the beautiful sun and the babies got a well needed nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment