Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The sweet little words

My kids grow so fast. I love how they form words when they are learning to talk and the cute things they say. Lucy today played ow-side (outside) and kept asking me to fween (swing) her. As we were doing our bedtime routine she told me "shunshine" so that I would sing her "You are my sunshine". She asks to sing "e-i-e-i-o" which we all know is "Old McDonald" and when you sing the "with a moo moo here and a moo moo there" she sings "moo moo" non stop until you are done with that line. So cute. When I put her in her crib and tell her good night she says "I luj you" I really need to record her little voice because I know I will forget it someday.

When I was asking Ellie what she wanted in her lunch tomorrow she said the infamous "meat falomy sandwich". Abi and Ellie both ask for that all of the time. I am not sure how they came up with it. The only thing I can figure is my nephew Isaiah used to have bologna sandwiches all of the time and they somehow translated it into meal falomy...which is ANY kind of sandwich with meat on it. LOL...ham, turkey, chicken it is all the same to them!

All of this got me thinking about what the other kids did when they were young. When Kylie was 2 if you asked her how old she was she always insisted she was "Seben!" Abi called the TV remote the "mote". They have all called my mom different versions of the same thing, nama, ama, mama...Jorja so far just coo's but when we were in the car the other day all five of them were talking at once...wow that was OS for me!

I was a proud mommy today in the grocery store as I was counting (coupons of course!) I could to seven outloud (I talk to myself often outloud) and when I stopped Lucy continued on 8,9,10,11,12,13,11...I was surprised she knew that much...thank you Elmo, it has paid off!

No comments:

Post a Comment