Sunday, April 5, 2009

My first baby

We were invited to attend the wedding some close friends of ours on saturday. When I first met Jeremy and Cheri they were young kids, elementary and junior high age I believe. They are now old (early 20's!) and married! When I met them my first baby Kylie was 1...she is now 13 where does all that time go? Here is a picture of us at their wedding.


Kylie is my first baby. She will always be my baby no matter how old we both get. For those of you who aren't parents I am sure you don't understand it, but that is okay, maybe someday you will. I often think back on how cute and cuddly she was when she was little. I think of the stories of how when she was two if you asked her how old she was she would very sternly tell you "I'm seben". I remember the day she was helping boppa dig up a small tree in the yard and she was so proud of herself for getting dirty, she said "Mommy look, Bob will be so proud I got dirty" even though her shoes were still white! Yes I miss those days, sort of...but I am not sad that they are gone because we lived them well and these days she is just as much fun if not more fun than she was then. Now we shop together, play cards (and not go fish!) we can talk about things that are important to her, I can hear her hopes and her dreams and her determination. I know I won't be a perfect parent nor will she be the perfect child, but we will both live and learn and challange each other. Most of all she will always be my baby. I love the young lady she is growing into and I am so happy to be her mom.

1 comment: