Sunday, April 5, 2009

Ellie's half birthday

In Ellie's class at school if you have a summer birthday you can choose to not celebrate or you can do it on your "half birthday". Ellie's half birthday came and went because I am a bad mom and forgot. She reminded me the other day and so I emailed her teacher as quick as I could and she let me bring in cupcakes. Her half birthday would have been January 21st...we ended up celebrating it at the end of March I REALLY forgot! So the night before I was supposed to bring the treats to her class she asks me "Mom, will I be 5 1/2 tomorrow or will I still be 5?" I didn't have the heart to tell her I forgot and that she was 5 1/2 a long time ago, so I told her, yes honey you will be 5 1/2. Someday she will know the truth when she is to bug to care.

Ellie sharing her cupcake with Lucy


Ellie with her half birthday crown...


The birthday girl close up

No comments:

Post a Comment