Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Bob's Birthday Day

Wow, today was an easier day for me. Well of course it was, I met with the cabinet guy in Monroe to pick out cabinets, duh, and what is better than "shopping"? It was over in an hour so Bob said I could run some errands kid free...on his birthday while he watched the kids...I have a good man!

I swung by the dollar store really quick and then went to Ben Franklin. I ordered my "word" of the year in vinyl letters. I got the frame on sale for half off, I think it was $6 but it is cool looking marble like with browns and black so it will match where ever I put it. This is my word in a frame from last year.


 While I was there I got a 16x20 frame that I am going to put our verse of the year in. This is something new I am doing and I feel God gave me the idea while pastor Christian was praying the other day at church. He was thanking God that he loves us no matter what but that some of us are struggling and could he help us to feel his love. It stuck out to me because I know with every fiber of my being that Jesus loves me no matter what, as my mom likes to say "There is nothing you can do to make God love you more and nothing you can do to make him love you less, he just loves you!" but sometimes we struggle because we dont "feel" it. So our verse this year is Romans 8:38-39. I am not expecting all of the kids to have the verse memorized word for word perfectly by the end of the year, but my bet is they will UNDERSTAND what the verse is saying and feel Gods heart for his people and know where to find it in the bible. My plan is to take turns reading it every night at dinner from the frame it will be hanging in by the table somewhere (yet to be determined). I am sure some nights there won't be much talk about it, some nights there will be. It is just a way to get into my kids heads that Jesus loves them no matter what! I made a lot of mistakes after I left home and I want my kids to be equipped with truth when they are no longer under my care to fight off all of the lies in the world. And I want them to know where to find it in the bible when they start to doubt. I am excited about this as I feel God gave me the idea so he has a plan for it!

Random change of subject. I am picking out all of the stuff for the house and tonight I picked some lighting for the girls rooms. My favorite was the babies room. So cute! I love it!


Jorja went to bed at 4:30 tonight so I am hoping she doesn't wake up at 3:30!

No comments:

Post a Comment