Saturday, April 16, 2011

Bus Breakfast

My kids had some friends stay the night last night. They got up this morning and asked for "bus breakfast" for breakfast. I didn't know what bus breakfast was at first, the more I thought about it I finally figured it out. This last week my kids have been using a chart to get ready so I don't have to nag them. It has worked well except they do everything on their chart and then realize they only have 5 minutes left for breakfast before the bus comes. We love smoothies and so I have been making them for the girls to take on the bus. So all this week the girls have had toast (gluten free for Ellie, whole wheat for Abi) and a 16oz smoothie. Here is our recipe, although I don't measure I just eyeball it. You can substitute for anything you like.

1 whole banana
1 cup frozen bananas or strawberries
3/4 cup plain yogurt (coconut yogurt if you prefer or are dairy free)
1/2 cup coconut milk keifer (Fred Meyer, Whole Foods)

Optional-vanilla, cinnamon, agave. I add these if the berries aren't as sweet or it is for a dessert, you only need a little.

Blend it up in your magic bullet or with a stick blender.

Here is a picture I made of a dessert one, I added a little whip cream and some spearmint leaves for looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment