Monday, March 30, 2009

Now who is the teacher?

I always thought growing up that as the adults we were supposed to teach our kids things...while that does happen at my house often almost nearly as often I learn from my kids. I have learned a ton from them over the years and wrote a lot of it down...so much that someday I could write a book. So what does that say about me? Either I am still teachable, or I didn't know much to begin with...you choose! The other night we had a business meeting at our church, not really one of the most exciting things in all of history. I was holding Jorja who is 3 months and she was sucking away on her binkie while someone was up front talking. All of the sudden they started singing and playing the music and you could tell she was startled. She looked at me like "what the heck?" and I smiled she smiled back. She started looking around like, "I am not sure what all of the noise is around here" it was loud I must say, not in a bad way just loud. She would keep looking at me making sure all way okay and then just keep watching what was going on around her, not scared, just curious.

It made me think, how often is that me? How often is there just a bunch of "loud" around me...how do I respond? Do I look into the Fathers eyes and make sure that all is okay? Do I let him hold me in his arms when there is chaos around knowing that he will protect me? Do I get distracted by the woes of life and lose focus and get scared? Do I choose to climb into his comforting lap and have peace through the storm? I pray that I am able to have the child like faith to not let the storms of life get me down but to climb into his lap, look into his eyes and know that no matter what goes on around me, he has a firm, loving grip on me and will carry me through where ever life takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment