Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spring bait

Growing up we loved the snow...still do, as long as it stays in its correct season! But when we wanted it to snow we would make paper snowflakes and hang them in the window. We called it "snow bait", maybe we could trick the snow to come down if it saw its freinds in our window. So the other day Lucy was supposed to be taking a nap and she wouldn't lay down. She was in her crib for a good hour, talking, playing her musical turtle and looking out the window. Finally I went in to get her because she obviously wasn't going to bed. I opened her door just a little because I wanted to see what she was doing. I just stood there and watched and listened. She was so cute! Standing in her crib looking out her window she is saying "flowew, floooowew" over and over again. I finally went in and got her and looked out her window. There were no flowers out anywhere...it is then that I dedcided Lucy was my "spring bait" encouraging the flowers to come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment